Opening our first school in August 2013, Venture Academy is a new public charter school based in Minneapolis with the mission to ignite the passion of every young person to become an innovator and entrepreneurial leader who will change the world. A 21stcentury one-room schoolhouse, Venture primarily will serve economically disadvantaged children and English learners. Venture Academy will be the nation’s first 6-12 whole school learning model intentionally designed to cultivate innovators and, entrepreneurial leaders using a personalized, blended digital learning model and experiential learning aimed at accelerated college credit attainment for all students.
Venture Academy is looking for educational leaders who are highly innovative and resourceful as well as committed to high achievement, excellence, constant improvement, strong communication throughout the learning community and cultivating student ownership and entrepreneurial leadership through a blended learning model. These Edupreneurs would be Venture Academy’s founding team with the possibility of becoming head of school for future school sites.
Lead Teacher (Lead Edupreneur) Position Overview
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Subjects: Math, Science,Language Arts/ELL, SPED
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Design instruction using research-based strategies with an awareness of current research on teaching and learning
• Implement cross-curricular, instructional activities that contribute to high levels of student engagement and deeper understandings
• Develop personalized learning plans, curriculum and extensions using principles of backwards design
• Instruct small, targeted groups and serve as an advisor for a group of students to help them achieve their individual learning goals
• Work creatively, transparently and collaboratively with colleagues, provide leadership to the content area team to ensure continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
• Maintain a strong school culture of excellence; mission-driven in alignment to the school’s vision
• Ensure that the learning needs of all students are met by all team members
• Determine specific student learning needs by analyzing performance data; follow-up in weekly content area data team meetings
• Create formative and summative common assessments, as well as interim assessments
• Constantly seek to improve both personal and team teaching practice and results
• Strong character, work-ethic, passion for excellence and professionalism
• Relentless commitment to student achievement; unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels
• Prior teaching experience, at least three years with evidence of continuous improvement and high student results
• Experience and success setting clear and consistent expectations for students behavior and accountability
• Candidates should have a 3.0 college grade point average or higher.
• Enthusiasm: demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit, passion and excitement over work
• Solutions-Oriented: concentrates on finding ways to solve problems in a professional manner.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work well in a team using authentic communication
• Versatility: Strengths and passions across disciplines
• Creativity: Thinks innovatively about how to best reach all students and inspire critical thinking
Interested applicants should sent their cover letter and resume to [email protected]