JOB TITLE: Curriculum Manager, Online Learning Department.
Salary: up to 57,000 Euros per year, dependent upon experience
Reporting to the Head of Online Learning in the Academic Division, this post provides a unique opportunity for a creative, innovative educator by directly supporting the implementation of the IB’s vision and purpose for online learning.
The Post holder will lead and manage the development and implementation of cutting-edge and research-based resources including commercial products, support materials, professional development for educators and research and dissemination of promising and best practices in online and blended learning. Additional responsibilities include supporting school-based initiatives in IB World Schools and managing IB pilot projects.
This role has a close working relationship with other IB programmes, IB departments and offices (regionally and globally), IB World Schools and the IB educators’ network (IBEN).
• Plan, manage and lead ongoing investigation into the theory and practice of online teaching and learning.
• Liaise with schools to monitor, address and enhance online teaching and learning practices taking place in schools.
• Support the development of new opportunities in schools for online teaching and learning including the initiation of pilot projects.
• Plan, manage and lead in the development teacher support materials and other resources that facilitate the implementation of online teaching and learning practices in classrooms.
• Support the provision of quality professional development for teachers to improve their understanding of online learning and how it can be effectively implemented in schools, including working closely with online professional learning services and supporting the growth of professional learning communities on the IB online curriculum centre (OCC) and other environments.
• Work closely with publishing services to facilitate and support the development of a wide range of commercial and non-commercial resources for schools and teachers.
• Collaborate and work closely with curriculum and assessment managers and other members of the academic division across the subject areas to create awareness of the potential of online learning as well as providing online learning support for subject areas.
• Prepare and deliver presentations through multi-mediums including virtual and face-to-face that promote the IB online learning strategic plan.
• A qualification at degree level preferably in education or education technology.
• Significant and relevant post-qualification experience in teaching and educational technology or online learning.
• Demonstrable experience in online learning and a significant comprehension of current developments and trends in online teaching and learning, especially for learners 3-19
• A confident communicator with first class written and spoken communication skills in English.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects, timelines and programmes simultaneously.
• Highly self-motivated and proactive individual, with exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Possessing a flexible, can-do attitude.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
• Ability to foster a collaborative climate between internal organization members and external entities.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• An ability lead and work within teams.
The following are desirable:
• Knowledge of the IB and its programmes.
• An advanced degree, preferably in education, technology integration, or instructional design.
• Knowledge of languages other than English.
The post will be based in The Hague, the Netherlands.
(An international hire package will be available to assist a successful candidate to relocate to the Netherlands.) (The position will involve some international travel.)
Start date: As soon as possible
For more information or to apply, please follow the link below:
The International Baccalaureate is an equal opportunities employer.