E-Learning and Online Teaching Jobs!

Build an Online Career : Finding your way in the 21st Century

E-Learning and Online Teaching Jobs!

E-Learning Jobs: Where to Search

elearning jobs

UW-Stout: Good Training Opens the Door to Your Future

Also Consider:

GetEducated.com This is a very long list well worth checking out.

It is published by the folks at Geteducated.com.  I landed my first job teaching online by answering an add run by Geteducated.  I was in grad school, (at age 50) learning about teaching online while I taught middle school full time.  I got a job with Connected University.  It was great!  I learned so much and taught over 30 classes.  It was a great way to pay for my graduate degree.

I know many of you are looking for work.  Jobs are out there for those with your experience.  Keep looking!  If you already have work, make a game out of looking for new opportunities!

Dennis / San Diego

————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

Search for e-learning Jobs

Teaching is the best job in the world. You help people. You spend your work life energy participating in an endlessly fascinating process. You also get paid to learn.

Online teaching adds geographical independence and a big dose of entrepreneurship to the life of a teacher.  I’ve found that to be a very good thing.

As the program advisor and instructor for the University of Wisconsin-Stout’s Online Teaching Graduate Certificate Program,  I teach online classes every semester.  Another very important part of my job is helping people find work.

I try to keep our students informed of new jobs as I find them. However,  when I search I find thousands of online teaching jobs.  I can’t republish them all on my E-Learning and Online Teaching Jobs Blog. Instead, I want to show you where you can find those job leads for yourself.

I’m convinced, that at this very moment, the perfect online teaching job is waiting for any talented teacher with the right combination of subject matter skills, e-learning training and professional networking.

The E-Learning Employment Triangle:

With the proper qualifications most work will come through your professional network. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t search directly for work and put together the necessary paperwork to land the online teaching jobs you seek.

Here are two jobsearch engines that produce results.  Take the time to set up accounts and upload fresh resumes.  Be sure your online e-portfolios are polished and ready for a critical eye.  Then start searching!

Indeed.com

SimplyHired.com

One final hint:  These snapshots represent searches for very recent jobs.  You can also search for all job listings because even if the institution doesn’t have a job available right now, you might land one in the future.   Don’t under estimate the power of getting your application into the Adjunct hiring pool.  

Read More about finding e-learning jobs! 

Here are other articles about strategies for finding online work, and the kinds of preparation and paperwork you should be working on: 

Finding E-Learning Jobs

Finding Online Teaching Jobs: Are you a Online Teaching, Adjunct Instructor, K-12 Virtual Teacher? 

E-Portfolios for Career Development: It’s not just resumes anymore!

Make Money Teaching Online 

Successful Techniques and Proven Strategies for Finding Online Teaching Work

1 Comment

One Comment